Thursday 16 September 2010

Snook under 40 minutes!

Another open water swim this evening with Uswim at Boundary Water Park... These sessions have not only been invaluable training but also really enjoyable. Much prefer open water swimming to pacing up and down a pool! A colleague sent me a link to 'Swim Smooth http://www.swimsmooth.com/ ' which has also helped improve the swimming technique somewhat... Took heed of the advice to breath in the bow wake made by my head and keeping my head lower in the water, also rolling my body more in the process... Managed to squeeze just under 40 minutes for a 1 mile swim which I'm really pleased with. The nights are drawing in now and for the last 400 metre lap it was getting ditinctly darker, punctuated by swimmers leaving with car headlights brushing over me in the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment