Sunday 26 September 2010

Great Salford Swim... Done :-)


Had a fantastic day today at the inaugural Great Salford Swim with not a spot of Blue Green Algae in sight!

Home ground for me having trained here with Uswim and a great venue for spectators. Karen and the girls followed me around the course shouting encouragement which was fantastic although I couldn't really wave back to show how much it was appreciated!

At the begining of this year I struggled to swim more than a few lengths of front crawl. I can't believe I managed to complete the course today let alone in a new personal best of 37 minutes and 20 seconds (I'd been hoping to get under 40 mins)!

Most importantly though, another £1,365 has been raised for the RNLI!

Thanks everyone for both the moral and financial support! Both have equally been important and I couldn't have done it without you!

The donation page will remain open for a couple of months so not too late to make a donation if you would like to... http://www.justgiving.com/daves-rnli-swim

Cheers!

D :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment