Thursday 2 September 2010

Good News and Bad News...

The Bad News: Great North Swim postponed :o(
After finishing what I thought was my last open water training swim before the Great North Swim this evening (800mtrs at Boundary Water Park) I got an e-mail from the Great Swim organisers to say the Great North Swim scheduled for this weekend has been postponed due to health concerns regarding a blue-green Algae bloom... Gutted!

The Good News: Entered the Great Salford Swim :o)
They're hoping to rearrange the Great North Swim for another date in 2010 but just in case, I've entered the Great Salford Swim too (or instead)! It's a mile in Salford Quays at 1pm on Sunday 26th September!

So... You can still sponsor me via the same RNLI Just giving link, and hopefully this will be acceptable for all those who have already supported me... You may even get a '2 for 1' deal if they do rearrange the Great North Swim!

Every cloud has a silver lining and all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment