Thursday 15 July 2010

Open Water Swim :-)


Went along to a Tatton Triathlon Open Water swim training session this evening organised by Usiwm at Boundary water park in Holmes Chappel... What a Great set up! Must have been a couple of hundred swimmers, some just in speedo's !?! http://www.uswimopenwater.com
The water was shallow, murky but warm at around 20'c.

Swam 1,200 metres in total. Three laps of the 400 metre circuit with a few minutes break between each lap.

The coach that runs the sessions, Dave Quartermain was great and couldn't have been more helpfull and friendly! He gave me a few tips on technique and taught me how to 'spot' to help swim front crawl in a straight line when there's no sides or bottom to guide you... A great tip in itself!

The swim felt great! A lot more relaxed than my last open water swim in the sea but my front crawl is probably a lot better since then. Felt whacked and a bit light headed when I reached the bank at the end of the third lap and was glad of the BBQ and burgers being cooked up afterwards :-)
Great preparation and a huge morale booster for my Great North Swim! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment