Saturday 2 October 2010

Big swim and run

Had a swim this morning at Uswim's last open water training session for the year at Salford Quays. Water was 14.4'c but didn't really feel that cold. Had a fairly gentle swim, focussing on trying to improve technique rather than speed, swam a mile in 43 minutes. The whole Uswim crowd have been fab this year in helping me get ready for my RNLI swim and also helping me discover just how much I enjoy open water swimming!

Once home, went out for a run with Karen who wanted to get a big run in for her half marathon training... I ran about 8 miles in 1 hour 25 minutes. Not the fastest time ever but the longest run I've done in months so not too dissapointed. Was absolutely spent at the end of it! Karen however ran on from about 7 miles continuing to cover 13.6 miles!!! Nice one Karen!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment